Sunday, 21 April 2013

Lust in Time reviewed


There's a fab five-star review of Lust in Time, edited by Rob Rosen, over at Hearts on Fire Reviews.
Reviewer Aggie says there's "a little bit of something for anyone who enjoys historical gay fiction". 
She picks out the stories she believes were the "standouts of the anthology and are what makes Lust In Time highly recommended and extremely enjoyable". And this is what she says about 27 AD, by yours truly:
I loved this because it was kinky, borderline non-consensual, and very erotic! Lucius, a Roman soldier, is basically f**ked  when he is captured by Finian, the barbarian enemy. And oh, what is poor Lucius going to do? The dude has a submissive streak in him a mile wide. He gives himself over to his captor with almost extreme glee and anticipation, and I loved it! Nothing like hearing a guy say that he “moaned like a wanton whore” as he is being ”pillaged” and “plundered” by his enemy. 
Gosh, did I write that story? Sounds pretty hot. Lucius falls head over heels for his captor and they get it on in sweet romantic style, which in Tilly World involves ropes and swords and mud and a strong, fighting man who loves being brought to his knees. 
I recently received my author copy of the book (thanks Rob!) and had to take a moment to rub its glossy cover against my cheek (no, not that cheek). I'm a convert to ebooks but a real, live book is still a little piece of magic.
Get your hands on Lust in Time at MLR Press, Amazon.com or Amazon UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment