I have the lovely Kay Jaybee with me today, so over to you Kay...
Thank
you ever so much for inviting me to your great blog today Tilly!
One
of the questions that I’m often asked is how, after so long writing erotica, do
I keep finding the inspiration for my stories. To be honest, I actually have
the opposite problem than you might imagine. I don’t find I run out of
inspiration, but have so much my head is continually bursting with ideas I’ll
never have time to follow up even if I wrote every day for the rest of my life!
Inspiration
is everywhere. It’s in the smell of fresh air, the fall of a leaf, the odd
sentence in an overheard conversation, the umbrella accidentally left in the
freezer at the supermarket... I saw a hairbrush dropped on a cafe floor a few
months ago - the story of why and how that hairbrush came to be there will be
written!! Of course, it probably just fell out a handbag - but perhaps it
didn’t, perhaps there was another reason...
The
story I put together for the anthology Smut Alfresco came about in a similar
way. I was travelling, and saw an abandoned mattress out of the window. It
looked so sad somehow as it lay unwanted on the edge of a field. I wanted to
write its story - after all, if a mattress hasn’t got a tale to tell, then what
has!!
Here’s
a little snippet for you...
The way the two women
sniggered as they spotted me lying on the ground, made me sure they hadn’t
expected their walk to produce such a convenient opportunity to fuck.
From
the scent of them, I’d say they’d been drinking cocktails. The mildly sickly scent
of boozy peach and mango fruit clung to them, suggesting they’d partaken of
enough alcohol to be without inhibition, but not enough to be without decision
making abilities.
The
minute they saw me, cast aside, damaged and unwanted amongst a pile of autumn
leaves at the edge of a wood, they knew what they wanted to do, and their
giggling became laced with purpose.
Somehow, during the periods of inaction between eventful
episodes of accidental discovery by passersby, I’ve almost blended into the
landscape, forming a hinterland of sexual promise between the woods to my
right, and a farmer’s field to my left. However, like so many of my opportune
visitors, these young ladies didn’t care that a number of my springs were
poking out of my sides, or that nights and days of rainfall had given me the
musty aroma of the trees that surround me.
You could see the need for sex burn in the women’s
matching green eyes. I’d know that look anywhere. I used to see in the old days
when I’d been working as half of a partnership. ‘Mattress and bed!’ What a team
we’d formed when we’d resided together in a cheap hotel in town. Couple after
couple would visit me and my divan support back then, in a “rent me by the
hour” sort of a way. I miss that life. I miss making people happy. I miss
fulfilling my purpose properly...’
My
advice to anyone finding their inspiration a little lacking is - look around
you.
Go
on - do it now.
Look
at the place where you’re sat, stood, or walking through, right now as you read
this blog. I bet you can see a story.
Is
there litter on the floor? Can you see an empty coffee cup? Can you smell fresh
paint? How hard is the wind blowing? Is the heating turned up too high? Is it
freezing, and yet someone has left a scarf on the floor unworn.... I’d love to
hear if any of this has inspired you...
Happy
writing everyone - and thanks again Tilly for letting me gatecrash your space!
Kay
xx
Kay
Jaybee wrote the novels Making Him Wait,
(Sweetmeats Press, 2012), The Voyeur (Xcite, 2012), The Perfect Submissive (Xcite 2012), as well as the novellas, Digging Deep (Xcite, 2013), A Sticky Situation, (Xcite, 2012), and The Circus, (Sweetmeats Press). She has
also written the anthologies The
Collector (Austin & Macauley, 2012 & 2008), The Best of Kay Jaybee (Xcite, 2012), Tied to the Kitchen Sink, Equipment, (All Romance, 2012), Yes Ma’am (Xcite e-books, 2011), Quick Kink One and Quick Kink Two
(Xcite e-books, 2010). Kay has had over 70 short stories published by Cleis
Press (inc. Best of Best Women’s Erotica 2, Best Women’s Erotica
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012; Best Bondage 2012 and 2013, Sweet Love, Smooth,
Gotta Have It, Sweet Confessions), Black Lace (Sexy Little Numbers), Mammoth (The Mammoth Book of Lesbian Erotica),
Xcite (inc.Ultimate Sin, Boy Fun, Power Play, Threesomes, Finger
Music, Tricks For Kicks), Penguin (Oysters
and Chocolate; Erotic Stories of Every Flavor), Seal (Oysters and Chocolate;
Nice Girls, Naughty Sex),and
Sweetmeats Press (Immoral Views)
Details of Kay’s work, past, present and future can be
found at www.kayjaybee.me.uk
You can
follow Kay on Twitter- kay_jaybee
And on
Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/KayJaybeeAuthor
On
Goodreads- http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/3541958-kay-jaybee
Pinterest-
http://pinterest.com/kjberotica/
Kay
is also a Brit Babe - http://thebritbabes.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks for inviting me over Tilly xx
ReplyDelete