I'm reading the first Smut for Chocoholics at the moment and thinking about what I'll be looking for. It's not just about what I, personally, enjoy reading, but about getting a balance of stories to appeal to a general erotica readership. So I'll be looking out for the sweetly romantic stories as well as those with a little light-hearted kink. Stories that can add a touch of humour without killing the heat level are always good as are those that come at the theme from a surprise angle. I guess what it comes down to is that most readers can enjoy most types of erotica as long as it's well written, imaginative and original.
The whole project has emerged after I met Kev and Victoria Blisse, and fellow smutketeer Lucy Felthouse, at Smut by the Sea in Scarborough. And it's made me think about how meeting people face to face for a day or two is worth probably about a thousand hours of Facebook, Twitter and blog exchanges. I hate the word 'networking' but I guess that's what I did in Scarborough, if, for 'networking' you read having a laugh, nattering, drinking tea and beer, sharing the odd innuendo and occasionally remembering to say 'oh, here, have a business card'.

Amazing isn't it? Smut as we know it wouldn't have been created if it wasn't for me meeting physically with fellow smutty folk. So much gets done when you meet face to face and it doesn't feel like work!
ReplyDelete