Anyway, John D of the blog John D Stories is posting a series of reviews of books by authors he's interacted with online. And that's the thing about being a writer or reviewer in the age of social networking - you can't hide from each other! But fortunately, in this case, that hasn't stopped John giving an honest appraisal of the book, with good points and bad. I'd much rather have that than have my ego massaged, when it really comes down to it. No really. Honest. I think.
But, since I'm only human, I'm going to share some of the good things he said... and leave it up to you to go and read the rest of it over at his place. Incidentally, you'll also find reviews of Banging Rebecca by Alison Tyler and Xcite collections A Victorian Seasonal Spanking, featuring a tale by Victoria Blisse, and Deliberate Display, featuring one by Lucy Felthouse.
Here's my favourite bit of the review of Miranda's Tempest; it's about the final story of the trio in the book, Penelope's Odyssey, which takes Homer's The Odyssey as its starting point but looks at it from his wife, Penelope's, perspective:
The story lends itself perfectly to an erotic tale, and Tilly Hunter has, in my opinion, saved her best story until last. The text ebbs and flows effortlessly, drawing in a fantastic little story that moves at pace, with a great sex scene of female domination. It left me wanting more, which is no bad thing.
So there you go. I should warn you that if you visit John's blog you might get distracted by his own fiction, and the stories and pictures of his real-life antics...
Glad you liked the review ;-)
ReplyDeleteI try to be positive and honest and I enjoyed the stories so I wanted my writeup to reflect that. If you want honest reviews I'm sure there are bloggers who'd happily do it for you! ;-)
Thanks for the links,
John