Thursday, 12 December 2013

What's sexy about Christmas? Erotica authors Q&A

It's a funny winter here in the UK, last week we had gales and floods, this week we've had sunny, 13C days and where I am right now it's cold, grey and wet, which is just the sort of weather for staying cosy inside with a good book (and some cake). Some of my fellow Winter Warmers authors have been kind enough to answer a few questions on their feelings about Christmas for me for your amusement. Today I have Gemma Parkes, Angie Sargenti, Nicole Gestalt, Annabeth Leong, Victoria Blisse and little ol' me answering my first question: 

What's sexy about Christmas?

Gemma: Oh so many things: Shorter days with chilly nights drawing in. Snuggling in the warmth of your partner’s arms in front of a roaring fire. Basking in the soft glow from a lit Christmas tree. Colours, sounds, smells and rich tastes that are not enjoyed with such relish at other times of the year and the opportunity to relax without feeling you should be doing something else!

Angie: Sitting by the fire with the Christmas tree lights on, snuggling with my favourite dude.

Nicole: I get very few days off so being able to spend two whole days (two!) with my partner all snuggled up by the fire away from the cold is very special. Add to that the place is lit up with magical lights adding spots of colour all over the place and sometimes even snow outside (it does happen occasionally), things can get very, very sexy.

Annabeth: I think the sexiest thing about most holidays is time. It's such a luxury to have an evening free to spend having a long, leisurely dinner, drinking wine, and lingering. I cherish the times when I don't have to be up early the next morning. I host a big Christmas Eve dinner every year, and I love the moment when the guests have left, we've loaded as much into the dishwasher as possible, and I turn to my partner, let out a long breath, and know that we're finally free to jump each other. At Christmas, it's particularly nice because it's cold where I live. There's something wonderfully sexy about being warm and naked when the world outside is cold and quiet. In my Winter Warmers story, Caroline is looking forward to just this sort of cozy, sexy time. Her boyfriend Marcus has other ideas, but I think he does make it worth her while.

Victoria: Warming up by snuggling naked with a lover and sexy, late-night, adult-only gift-unwrapping!


Tilly: The excuse to stock up on some gifts for opening privately with a partner. 

Next time, I ask what your average erotica author would like to find under their tree on Christmas morning. 

You can buy The House of Erotica Winter Warmers Collection at  AmazonAmazon UK or All Romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment