Here, Victoria explains what she's looking for when she's choosing a hot seaside story:
Lucy Felthouse and I have edited two volumes of Smut by the
Sea now and I’d like to think we have managed to find some top quality pieces
of erotic fiction based on the coast. Here are some of the things we look for.
Setting:
This may sound a bit obvious, but we need to know the story
is set by the sea. We don’t want a story that could be set anywhere, we want
signs that it is near the ocean. Sea birds, fun fairs, sand, arcades, ice
creams, the scent of salt on the air are all examples of things we like to see.
Emotion:
Evoking a feeling of holiday fun is what the Smut by the Sea
anthologies are all about.
All successful stories need to engage your emotions, so this
kind of goes without saying. However, with all the Smut anthologies we’re
looking for a light-hearted feel that makes sex fun and this is particularly
essential in the seaside stories.
We want our readers to be transported to the coast, to feel
the excitement of being on holiday. We love stories that make us feel like
we’re in a very particular place, where when you read them you feel like you’re
seeing all the sights, smelling all the scents and feeling the wind whipping in
your hair.
Hot, hot, hot!
I’m not talking about the weather, many of the Smut by the
Sea stories are set in the cold or the wet and are thoroughly brilliant. No,
the kind of heat we’ve looked for has been sexual. We want hot loving and lots
of it. The more ingenious, the better!
If you’ve got a bit of all the above, you’ve got a good
seaside story. If you’d like to read lots of such stories pick up Smut by the
Sea Volume 1 http://victoriablisse.co.uk/books/smut-by-the-sea
and Volume 2.
Here’s a snippet from my Story, Honeymoon Suite, which appears
in Smut by the Sea Volume 2 http://victoriablisse.co.uk/books/smut-by-the-sea-vol-2
“I
might as well confess all,” I sighed. “Come in a minute.” I ducked behind him
when he stepped forward and closed the door.
I
was encouraged to see he didn’t look too scared. Confused, yes but he even managed
to wear that well.
“I’m
not a lesbian,” I blurted. “And neither is Sam.”
Ben
still looked dazed. I took the Kindle from his hands and put it down on a side
table, then sat down on the edge of the bed.
“We’re
not even married. She’s just my mate. “
“O--kay,”
Ben exhaled. “Erm, why do I need to know that?”
“Because
you work here, and I won this holiday as a honeymoon and Sam and I have been
lying about being a couple so we could take advantage of that prize.”
“Oh,”
Ben sat on the chair opposite the end of the bed. “Well, there’s two things you
should know.” He leant forward, rested his arms along his knees and he looked
directly at me. I wilted under his gaze. I was mentally packing my bags before
he even said a word.
“Firstly,
I’m an employee so honestly, I don’t care what you do as long as you don’t
complain about it to me or make a complaint about
me. Then secondly it doesn’t matter anyway. The company gives out quite a
few of these holidays and as long as they’re taken they don’t really care if you’re
married or not.”
“Really?”
“Yeah,
really.”
“Well
that’s a relief, I can tell you,” I giggled as the anxiety lifted, holding on
to my chest to steady myself after the good news.
“I’m
glad to have been of help,” Ben smiled. “Anyway, my shift just finished so I’m
off for the night.”
“Oh,
right. Well thanks for bringing my Kindle back for me.” I don’t know whether it
was the heady relief that gave me the bravery to carry on or if it was just the
presence of a highly handsome man in my bedroom but I managed to sputter out an
invitation.
“Look,
I’ve got this huge bottle of champagne, a basket of fruit and a licence to call
room service. Would you like to join me? You know, as a thank you.”
“Really,
we’re not meant to erm, fraternise with the customers.” He coughed.
“Oh
right, well, yes, then, well…erm.” I was completely embarrassed until he
stopped me with his next sentence.
“But
I’m off duty so I don’t give a fuck.”
“Ha,
brilliant,” I laughed. “You pop the cork and I’ll order some...how do you fancy
pizza?”
He
nodded, stood and went over to pick up the champagne. “I’m easy,” he said, “you
can go on top if you like –I mean choose what goes on top.” He winked. Was he
flirting with me?
I
shook my head and reached over to pick up the phone.
“Hi,
yes I’d like a large pizza sent to my room, cheese and tomato will be fine,
thanks.”
A
pop and a fizz indicated the champagne bottle was open.
“Here
you go.” Ben passed me a glass. “To your good health.”
“And
yours,” I replied, clinking my glass with his then taking a short sip of the
madly bubbling liquid. “Shall we sit out on the balcony?”
“Why
not?”
I
followed him out into the cool evening breeze, drink in hand. I was completely
absorbed in the moment and had all but forgotten I was wearing nothing but my
lightest nightie.
“I
never grow weary of watching a Caribbean sunset,” Ben sighed. I walked over to
lean against the balustrade next to him.
“It’s
very beautiful,” I responded, looking over the beach and the sea, tinted
orange, red and peach from the glow of the disappearing sun. “How long have you
been out here?”
“A
few years.”
“Don’t
you miss home?”
“Occasionally,”
Ben nodded, “but I’m mostly happy here.”
We
slipped into silence. The world around hummed with noise, the slap of water on
sand, the low hum of faraway conversation and laughter and the rustle of light
breeze through palm trees.
I
was thinking hard. How does a person go about seducing another? All I wanted to
do was throw myself into his arms and kiss him but I was pretty sure that you
had to build up to that kind of thing. How do you flirt? I’d never been very
good at it. I was always surprised when a guy showed any interest in me at all.
As
I thought and didn’t pay attention to what I was doing, my elbow slipped on the
polished wood and knocked into his, throwing me completely off balance.
“Whoa,
steady there.” He turned to face me and I fell into him, tossing the contents
of my glass all over his front.
“Oh,
shit, I’m sorry.” I found my feet and steadied myself. I looked into his eyes
and words dried up in my mouth. I didn’t worry about my wet chest butting up
against his. It felt quite good, actually. He took my champagne glass from my
hand and set it down on the table beside us. He didn’t let his gaze leave mine,
not even for a second. The tension built. I gulped. He kissed me.
My
eyes widened in shock at first then I closed them as I sank into the heat of
the kiss. Ben held me tightly, our wet chests rubbing together through damp
layers of cotton. He stroked my back as I desperately gripped onto his hips and
our mouths pressed into one another determinedly. I was aware of a vague
knocking, but I had assumed it was my heart or maybe my knees giving way
beneath me.
“The
pizza,” Ben gasped and pulled away. “You jump into bed, I’ll get it.”


Thanks for having me to visit, I'll pop over to Erzabet's with you and we can have cake there. ;)
ReplyDeleteExcellent plan!
ReplyDeleteWhat busy people we are! It's been one mad dash from blog to blog just lately! Great post :-)
ReplyDelete