Friday, 10 May 2013

Smut guest - Bel Anderson


I have fellow smut writer Bel Anderson with me for a virtual cuppa today, so over to her...

I’m thrilled to have a story, ‘The Beach House,’ in the brand new Smut by the Sea - available at All Romance, Amazon UK and Amazon.com.

The inspiration for the story came from two sources – the location was inspired by a childhood holiday and the male love-interest is pretty much based on my first ever lover. 

When I was about seven years old, my parents, sister and I stayed in a holiday cottage belonging to friends of the family in Lessingham, Norfolk. I don’t have great memories about the cottage itself – my abiding memory is that there were ear-wigs in residence and I used to fall asleep with my fingers in my ears, afraid that they’d crawl in! What I really remember are the dunes – miles and miles of them – and the rolling, grey North Sea. It was windy and wild and it stirred something in my soul. It has been the basis of two other, non-erotic, stories as well, one of which was published in a women’s magazine. I’ve tweaked the cottage and made it a sort of glorified beach hut for the purposes of this story, but the wildness of that part of the coast remains un-tweaked.

And onto the man… he wasn’t a childhood sweetheart but I was only seventeen and, yes, he broke my heart. He was five years older, wore a suit, smelt of aftershave and knew his way around a woman’s body. I consider myself lucky to have had him as my first lover because he taught me to enjoy my body with confidence and treated me like a woman. He had hair the colour of a red-setter’s coat, smiling green-blue eyes and he used to make me laugh. He was also a dreadful snob and had been brought up as though he was one of the aristocracy, which he wasn’t. I was too lowly to even meet his mother. Still, the great thing about memory is that you can be selective – and I have selected everything that was gorgeous and sexy about him for this story.

Here’s a small taste:

I step over the threshold and he reaches past me to flick the light switch, producing an electric-shock-type reaction from me as his arm brushes my shoulder and nothing at all from the bulb in the ceiling.

“Maybe the electricity’s off,” he says, flicking the switch a couple of times for good measure.

It is. The old card-meter is card-less. Bang goes any vision I may have been entertaining of a cosy fire and us writhing naked on the rug in front of it. I remind myself that it was never going to happen anyway; only in my filthy mind. In any case, if there still is a rug, it’ll be full of dust and goodness only knows what else.

“Oh well.” He looks at me, his green eyes clear and so, so beautiful in the half-light of the hallway. I make a snap decision. I reach up to touch his face and then slip my fingers slowly into the luxurious thickness of his hair. I stand up on tiptoe and I pull his head down to mine. He doesn’t resist. His breath, warm and clean, mingles with my own as his lips part and slowly, tentatively, find mine. A small moan of lust escapes me as his hot tongue slides delicately, almost politely, between them. I return the pressure as my chest heaves against his and suddenly he’s devouring me, his hands roaming from my hair to my face, to my throat and back again. I bury my fingers in handfuls of his thick hair, stroke the plane of his cheek, finger the smooth line of his jaw; everything I’ve been longing to touch from the moment I saw him this afternoon. I close my eyes and let all thoughts fall away. I just want to feel.

Bel has previously been published in anthologies by Xcite books, has recently had stories published in Smut Alfresco and  Smut by the Sea Volume 2. She is working on a non-erotic novel and also an anthology of erotic stories.
You can find her blog here: http://belandersonwrites.blogspot.com  and her work here:


No comments:

Post a Comment