I always like to review books I've enjoyed. As I've said before, my reviews can be seen as my personal recommendations really. This isn't a dedicated reviews site, it's just about the often crazy things I happen to be thinking and reading and writing. And I try to keep it positive (mostly!). There are books I might only read the first couple of chapters of and decide they're not for me. I'm not going to plough on, or worse, review them without actually reading the whole thing, just so I can tell you that I didn't like them. Then there are books that I do get to the end of because I find them sufficiently readable and of interest in terms of keeping a general view of the erotica market, but I still don't love them enough to say 'wow, this is great, you should read it'.
The ones I do review are the ones that keep me up way past my bedtime. But I haven't been keeping up with them! So here's my backlist of books I will review when I find the time, but in the meantime want to say 'wow, this is great, you should read it'.
The Pet Shop by KD Grace - Such fun getting in touch with your raw animal nature. Readable, sensual and very different from what you might expect in a story in which people are treated like dogs!
Power Play by Charlotte Stein - I think even the most submissive-natured reader could imagine doing bad things to the adorable Benjamin. And Stein's breathless style and emotional depth are just irresistible.
Red Velvet and Absinthe, edited by Mitzi Szereto - Sexy Gothic anthology with some brilliant writers and original ideas that go way beyond the expected.
No Ordinary Love Story by Sophie Morgan - The autobiographical story which started in Diary of a Submissive continues, mixing up hot kink with the ordinary things of life, like cake. Yum.
Bending: Dirty Kinky Stories about Pain, Power, Religion, Unicorns & More by Greta Christina - As the blurb says 'A lot of fucked-up shit happens in a lot of these stories.' It's not wrong, although the stories are. Wrong, in a wide variety of wonderful ways.
Seven Scarlet Tales by Justine Elyot - And you thought spanking was simple. Well here we get a thorough investigation of all its nuances in seven stories that are linked together in an over-arching narrative.

No comments:
Post a Comment