Thursday, 10 October 2013

Snippet: True Love's Curse

As promised, I'm back to tell you more about my story, True Love's Curse, in The House of Erotica Witching Hour anthology. Out in time for Halloween, the book has thirteen stories from Victoria Blisse, Elizabeth Black, Heather Lin, Annabeth Leong, Lucy Felthouse, Gemma Parkes, Vanessa de Sade, Nephylim, Nicky Raven, Daddy X, Isabel Holley, and little ol' me. Victoria Blisse has two in there, just in case you're counting. It's available at:

My blurb went like this: Hedgewitch Nadine knows that something is drawing her to a particular Welsh valley near the home she’s chosen to escape the bustle of modern life. But it’s only when a rock gives way under her foot that she finds him, a fairytale prince shackled to a slab of slate. She does the only thing one can do when faced with a fairytale prince: she kisses him. And then she has to work out how to summon the spirit of his true love and free him from the evil queen’s curse.

And the story goes like this:
I put my foot on a rock. It looked like any other piece of slate embedded in the deep brown earth. But the whole floor of earth and grass and stones and heather gave way. I’m tempted to say it was a surprise. It certainly should have been, would have been to most people. But I just thought, “Ah, now I’m getting somewhere."
And there he was. Naked. Debris from the collapse dusting his skin and clinging to the dark, curled hair around his genitals. Shackles enclosed his spread-eagled wrists and ankles, chains linking them to four thick iron rings set into the rock.
His chest was rising and falling gently but his eyes were closed. I brushed the bits of rock and soil from his chest and stomach. As I trailed my fingers down towards his hips – okay, towards his cock – he stirred, murmuring as if he was dreaming. His face was young and fresh and innocent. But troubled, a crease in his brow. I brushed myself off, then flicked the dust from his lips with my fingertips. There’s really only one proper thing to do when faced with a sleeping fairytale prince. I kissed him. Bending over and placing my palms on the slab either side of his head, I leaned in and pressed my lips to his.

2 comments: