Cosy hideaway, exotic heat or the bustle of a family gathering? I'm sure we all have ideas of where we'd like to spend our dream Christmas. I asked fellow authors Nicole Gestalt, Annabeth Leong, Victoria Blisse, Gemma Parkes and Angie Sargenti where they would spend their dream Christmas. It seems cosy cabins or chalets figure highly for erotica authors.
And although you may not get the cosy cabin with a real fire in a snowy wonderland this year, you could always try recreating that atmosphere with a couple of candles, a blanket and a copy of The House of Erotica Winter Warmers Collection. (There's a reason I gave up my brief attempt at a career in marketing...)
Nicole: I love travel and so if I could have more then two days off at Christmas I would love to head to the ICEHOTEL in JukkasjÀrvi and spend Christmas there, or even travel to Iceland. To be able to walk out during Christmas to see the Northern Lights and even maybe take a dog sleigh out into a snow-covered land would be the perfect Christmas to me! Of course we'd then have to head back into a nice warm chalet with plenty of food and company to top it off. More realistically, my dream Christmas would be to spend the time with my family whom I don't get to see very often and definitely have more then two days off!
Annabeth: Although I can see the attraction of being warm when it's cold outside, honestly I would love to spend Christmas on a cruise. It would be amazing to know it was just me and my partner with no obligations to distract us from each other.
Victoria: I'd love to go somewhere really snowy, a Swiss chalet, a roaring log fire and enough food to keep me going through the season.
Gemma:
In a beautiful, fully heated log cabin away (but not isolated) from
commercialism. There would be snow outside and enough food and drink to last
for at least a week. I would want my loved one by my side and together we could
enjoy taking our time over everything!
Angie:
The Virgin Islands or
Maui. I'm not a big fan of cold weather.
Tilly:
A little cottage in the middle of nowhere with a woodburner you can keep your
mulled wine warm on top of.
My picture above is of a cottage in Shropshire, UK, which you can rent from The Landmark Trust for holidays. Check out their other properties if you're like me and you prefer back-to-basics holidays in places with a bit of character, proper silence and properly dark nights. You can grab a copy of Winter Warmers at Amazon, Amazon UK or All Romance.


No comments:
Post a Comment