- Write less, walk more. I will spend less time staring at a screen when the words aren't flowing and more time switching off and going for a walk, or digging the allotment, instead. Because sometimes you have to get away from the screen and the immediate pressure to produce to some self-imposed word count. The creative me needs fresh air and space and greenness around it in order to function properly.
- Be more selective. I tried lots of new things last year - m/m, menage, even some vanilla (yeah, yeah, I hear you say, but what about the writing?). This year I have some other Big Stuff going on that means I can't spend as much time on my writing as I have been doing. I'm going to be looking for a balance between submitting to antho calls that really float my boat (and pay reasonably) and building up some story collections and/or a novella or two to get out there as a lone author.
- Keep learning. I will keep reading smut, both my favourite authors and new ones (so I can copy them, obviously). I will keep reading around issues in sexual politics and thinking about how my stories fit into the bigger picture. I will keep editing my own stories ruthlessly. I may do the odd bit of practical research ;-)
Grab yourself a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy the blog of British erotica author Tilly Hunter.
Sunday, 5 January 2014
The obligatory...
...writer's resolutions post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment